Looking for yoga studio

Posted in: Forums > Living in Chengdu • 27 posts • NewestRSS

• Brittney
    October 23, 2012
    18 posts

I just moved to Chengdu and I'm working at No. 1 East 2nd Division of 2nd Ring Road (northeast Chengdu). Do you know of any yoga studios near there?? Thanks so much!

• Noynik
    October 23, 2012
    3 posts

Hi Brittney,
    I am new here also and found a great studio in Tongzilin with a english speaking teacher,try www.canayoga.com for the info.Sorry I am not sure if this is close to where you are.
    Let me know if you make it,hope to see you there.
    Take care,

• eva_pisces
    October 24, 2012
    2 posts

hey.brittney and noynik.its eva here.nice to hear that somebody looking for yoga.im a yoga teacher.teach in here but not in english .didnt find much english speaker here.quite sad :( if u dont mind.please contact me,we can be friends and will help u about yoga :)
    13541314418 u can just call me or msg.

• Brittney
    October 26, 2012
    18 posts

Hi, thanks for the info! I will check it out! Do you happen to know if you can get certified to teach yoga anywhere in Chengdu?

Eva, where do you teach yoga? Have a great weekend!

• eva_pisces
    October 26, 2012
    2 posts

im teach in Hosa fitness. just yoga.
    if u want to .i can teach u for free. i got class enough. not really need more seriously class. :)

• devananda
    November 2, 2012
    4 posts

Hello Britney,
    I am a canadian yoga teacher teaching in chengdu.My telephone number is 13258105178.I teach from my home and i teach in Wangfujing which is south second ring road.Om devananda

• Brittney
    November 2, 2012
    18 posts

Hi Devananda, where do you teach from you home? I'm wondering if it's closer to my home than Wanfujing? I live at The Waterfront apartments, do you know where they are? Near the Shangrila. Would love to do some yoga classes with you!!

• Brittney
    November 2, 2012
    18 posts

Hi Devananda, where do you teach from you home? I'm wondering if it's closer to my home than Wanfujing? I live at The Waterfront apartments, do you know where they are? Near the Shangrila. Would love to do some yoga classes with you!!

• Brittney
    November 2, 2012
    18 posts

• Donny Day
    November 23, 2012
    2 posts

www.yujiachengdu.com
    -here you can directly contact most yoga instructors in Chengdu - Foreign and Chinese!

• margaretha
    November 29, 2012
    20 posts

Hi,I live as well at waterfront.it is usually I go to chu xu rd everyday,I go there every afternoon,yoga class 2x week at 12.15 until 1.20 usually.

• margaretha
    November 30, 2012
    20 posts

Hi,there is gym With yoga class actually,it is brand new only open on August 10th,they have many class that I'm happy for because complete class,such Zumba,Latin,body balancing,Hatha yoga,asthanga yoga,flow yoga,power yoga,Pilates,it is brand new gym called O2,they hv 5 times a week yoga class,but mostly I'm joining the active class though such aerobic,kickboxing,dance,jazz class.all package when u apply the membership 1 or 2 years.If u want,I can bring you there to have look,they will give you discount because I'm member there.if member bring member get discount 10/20%,I'm not sure though.If u want know further,we can go together tomorrow.you may hv look the asthanga yoga at 15.00-16.00,or you can go yourself,talk with the manager or my trainer.They speak very good English.i am at building 04-02.
    Btw;The website is www.O2fitness.cc
    I love this place,new,tidy,clean

• Brittney
    December 1, 2012
    18 posts

Hi there! It sounds like a great gym! I'd love to go with you tomorrow. What time & where would you like to meet? I am in building 3. The website wasn't working so I couldn't view the schedule of the classes, but I'm sure I can find out more tomorrow. Maybe they will let me try one class for free and if I like it I can join. Looking forward to it!

Thanks for your help!
    Brittney

• margaretha
    December 7, 2012
    20 posts

Hi,brittney..how r u.wonder if u want to check the place of 1 of the weekday probably Monday or Tuesday afternoon.my phone 18780108807.will be free on that day or this coming Sunday afternoon around 3?

• margaretha
    December 7, 2012
    20 posts

Hi,brittney..how r u.wonder if u want to check the place of 1 of the weekday probably Monday or Tuesday afternoon.my phone 18780108807.will be free on that day or this coming Sunday afternoon around 3?

• Brittney
    December 7, 2012
    18 posts

Thanks for getting back to me ;-) Sunday at 3pm sounds great! How do we get there? Bus? Walk? How long does it take to get there?? Thank you! Looking forward to it!

• Brittney
    December 9, 2012
    18 posts

Hi Margaretha,

I found a gym that is only a 5 minute walk from The Waterfront, so I am considering joining there. However, if O2 gym has yoga classes from 12-2pm Monday-Friday, then I would like to join there. Do you know if there are yoga classes offered around that time or are they only in the evenings? I wish there was a class schedule on their website that showed all of the classes offered. My number is 13558744737.

• Brittney
    December 10, 2012
    18 posts

Hi Margaretha,

I'm sorry I couldn't make it yesterday. I was on Chunxi Road shopping, around 12pm, and I tried to find the gym, but I didn't see it ;-( What time are you going Mon/Tues? I still think it is too far from Waterfront, but I'm interested in what time the yoga classes are ;-)

• chinapanda
    December 16, 2012
    4 posts

Finally! I have been here since the end of August and haven't been able to find anyone interested in Yoga (all aspects) I spent a year last year in India practising yoga and involved in the yoga community. I really miss it and being around like minded people. I don't live in Chengdu but in Xindu which is an hour bus ride from North Railway Stn. I am there mostly in Chengdu every weekend. So I can't really join a gym and go to daily classes. I would love to get together with people like you, whether to join a class on the weekend or just to have a meal or tea.

Also I was looking for a meditation retreat for the holidays, somewhere close to Chengdu. Does anyone know of a place? Last year for New Years I climbed the mountain of Tiruvannamalai and watched the sunrise after a three hour meditative walk. I would love to have that experience again to start off the New Year. Hope to hear from you, sending smiles and namaste!

• Brittney
    December 16, 2012
    18 posts

Oh it's so good to hear from you Chinapanda!! I've only recently moved to Chengdu so I'm looking to meet with likeminded people as well!! I joined a yoga studio last week and I absolutely LOVE it! You are welcome to come with me any weekend. It's called Shengjia Yoga www.cyyjg.com & it's located in northeast Chengdu. I'd love to get together on the weekends. And I'd love to find out more about your India experience. I plan on going to get certified in India next year. Looking forward to meeting up with you.

• chinapanda
    December 16, 2012
    4 posts

Brittney thats great, I'm going away next Friday and will return on Wednesday. The following weekend I am hoping to go to Khandang( I met a monk who recommended a monastery where I can meditate to bring out the New Year)but that is still tentative. Lets definitely get in touch, what times are the classes on the weekends?

• Brittney
    December 18, 2012
    18 posts

Hi Chinapanda. Wow, your New Year plan sounds amazing! The weekend yoga classes are Sat/Sun 10am-11:10 & 15:30-16:40 and there are hot yoga classes (I'm not 100% sure of the time) but I think it's Sat at 17:30. Let me know if/when you'd like to come!

• Brittney
    December 18, 2012
    18 posts

Hi Chinapanda. Wow, your New Year plan sounds amazing! The weekend yoga classes are Sat/Sun 10am-11:10 & 15:30-16:40 and there are hot yoga classes (I'm not 100% sure of the time) but I think it's Sat at 17:30. Let me know if/when you'd like to come!

• Mariamhashmi
    December 21, 2012
    1 post

I have recently moved to Chengdu and also looking for some yoga place I am near Tong Zi Lin
    any suggestion

• chinapanda
    December 29, 2012
    4 posts

Hi,

I just received an email about this, is anyone interested? Thought I would pass this on....

"Swathi Iyengar, from Southern India, a yoga master from the Iyengar family/clan, is coming to do a 2-day workshop very cheap here in Chengdu close to Tong Zi Lin on January 5th and 6th - 800RMB (usually $500 for a 2-day workshop with him in Hong Kong) for 2 days and he'll do two 2-hour workshops over the 2 days. He'll talk about Yoga poses/kriyas, meditation, pranayama, the philosophy of yoga, diet etc. And (of course) we'll do yoga as well - this is not an advanced level program or anything like that - for all levels! "

Please let me know, namaste.

• Noynik
    January 13, 2013
    3 posts

Hi,Does anyone know of night classes after 7:30 pm near tongzilin?
    Thanks

Before you can post, you must login or create an account.